Do you ever feel like you are floating about without any direction in your life?
I recently read an awesome talk by President Thomas S. Monson entitled “The Race of Life” were he described boats he and his childhood friends used to make and float down the local river. These little boats where simple they did not have rudders or keels to guide them down the river and inevitably the boats ended up taking the easiest route. Many times ending up capsized along the mossy banks.
My baby is just over two months old and I’ve pulled out of the newborn haze to wonder what’s next for me. I don’t want to end up taking the easiest route. I don’t want to end up at the end of my life regretting the choices I made. I want purpose and direction.
I want control.
The best way for me to gain that control is goal planning and accountability. I’ve been meaning to start this blog for a long time and I really think sharing my plan and reporting how I do will help me stick to it.
So, here is the plan for November:
- Homemaking: have all dishes washed before going to bed each night
- Health: do not drink Dr. Pepper for the rest of the Month
- Marriage: invite Matt on two dates and one Temple trip
- Financial: use only cash (and stay on budget) for groceries
- Spiritual: read scripture every day
- Mothering: spend quality one-on-one time with each kid
- Serving: update scout information on all my wards and get registered
I’m planning updates every week to keep me on track.