Here is the third installment of Date ideas. The only cost for most of these dates is possibly a few pantry items and/or gas money. If you are wondering what to do with the kiddos, check out part one of this series here. Read the full series here
23. Go bike riding – It doesn’t have to be fancy mountain biking or anything. Just dust off those bicycles (or borrow some) and wander around the neighborhood.
24. Bake cookies together – Then eat them of course! Enjoy the time you have together.
25. Make bread – Do you know how? I recently learned the Pantry Secrets method and love it. My brother and sister-in-law got the same gift and he loves making all kinds of interesting concoctions. Learn together. The ingredients are cheap and it is a useful skill to have.
26. Visit a Free Art Museum or Gallery – Check your local phone book for these. I know a local University in our area has a great display.
27. Take a hike up the Canyon – If there are no mountains where you live any nature walk/hike will do.
28. Check out an Astronomy book at the Local Library (or check out this web site here) and do some Stargazing – I’ve always wanted to learn the constellations. Grab a blanket and a few snacks and you are all set.
29. Check out book on tape and listen together – Your local Library is a treasure trove of free activities. Find out all the things they offer.
30. Play Frisbee Golf – We have a local park that has an actual Frisbee Golf Course, but you can create your own with an bucket or garbage can and some imagination.
31. Visit a public Garden – In our area there are a couple of “water wise” public gardens (since we live in the desert) and not only are they relaxing and interesting, but they are a great source of ideas for your own yard.
32. Test Drive your dream car – I’m sure your spouse has one of these go check it out.
33. Go sit in the massage chairs at a Furniture Store – This is one of my husband’s favorite things to do when we are shopping for furniture. Wander around the store comparing likes and dislikes then end the trip with a few minutes in the massage chairs. Leave your purse at home so you aren’t tempted to make any impulse buys.